You are here
MacBooks are fast, secure and portable computers which run the Apple iOS operating system.
Available at: Country Hills, Grand River Stanley Park
Apps and Features
- Safari, Chrome and Firefox Browsers
- Microsoft Office for Mac
- VLC Multimedia Player
- Overdrive and Adobe Digital Editions
The MacBook offers two USB ports, a DVD drive, SD card reader, and headphone jack.
How to Use a Macbook in the Library
- You must have a library card in good standing to borrow a Macbook. Unconfirmed address cards and digital library cards are not eligible.
- Adults 18 years and older must show ID with their library card to borrow a Macbook.
- Request a Macbook at the Information Desk. You may borrow 1 Macbook per card at a time.
- Macbooks can be used in the library for 4 hours. You cannot renew a Macbook checkout.
- Macbooks cannot be placed on hold.
- A replacement fee will apply to lost or damaged devices.
You can print wirelessly from a Macbook.
Black and white: $0.15 per page
Colour: $0.50 per page