You are here
Kitchener Public Library and Waterloo Region Record are pleased to announce the
15th Annual Amateur Photography Contest!
Are you an aspiring amateur photographer? Or do you enjoy taking photographs as a hobby? Enter your favourites in our annual contest!
Photographs will be judged by a panel of professional photographers from the Waterloo Region Record. Contest-winning photographs will be enlarged and mounted for each winner to keep, and the "Best in Show" recipient will receive a $200 Best Buy gift card.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, dates for the awards ceremony and Winners' Exhibit have not yet been set and will be dependent on safety protocols. Please remember to follow all current public health guidelines, such as physical distancing, while taking photographs.
Rules and Guidelines
- The Photography Contest opens Thursday, January 28, 2021. We will be accepting online contest entries only. A link to the contest entry form will be posted on this page.
- The deadline for contest entries is Sunday, February 28 at 11:59 pm. Entries received after this deadline will not be accepted.
- Contest participants may upload up to three entries (total) in one or more of the following categories: Animals, Architecture, Landscape, People.
- We accept file sizes up to 8 MB. Please retain a copy of the highest resolution image for reproduction purposes.
- Cropping and / or adjusting contrast to the overall picture is permitted. Digital alteration (e.g. changing sections of your photograph) is NOT permitted.
- Each entry must be uploaded separately and completely. Entries which do not conform to the contest rules, or are incomplete, will be deemed ineligible.
- The contest is open to residents of Southwestern Ontario only.
- Professional photographers are not eligible. For the purpose of this contest, a professional is anyone who receives payment for photographic services or workshops (full or part-time).
- Judges' decisions are final.
- By entering this contest, the photographer agrees to have their winning entry published in the Waterloo Region Record, as well as Kitchener Public Library and Waterloo Region Record websites, social media feeds, and other library promotions, this year and in future years.
2020 Photography Contest Winners
In partnership with: